What's New with ClearFax?
Windows XP Support - SmartFax
2002 is fully compatible with Microsoft Windows XP and
Office XP software.
SmartFax 2000 and PhoneWorks 2000 synchronization
- ClearFax allows you to send photo-quality faxes from
any word or graphics application to any fax machine
or PC. ClearFax's automated process of rendering images
specifically for faxing, dramatically improves fax image
quality and assures every fax you send arrives with
brilliant detail and it works seamlessly with SmartFax
2000 or PhoneWorks 2000. If you can print it, you can
Turbo Fax Technology for faster faxing
- You'll save time and money on every photo-quality
fax you send with our revolutionary ClearFax Turbo Technology
which has been designed by our imaging and document
communications experts to ensure that all your faxes
are transmitted in high resolution up to twice as fast
as any other fax software driver!
Improved Imaging Control Features
- ClearFax is loaded with powerful, new user controls
for advanced imaging and document communications for
optimum fax image output.
Numerous Other Enhancements, including:
- Automatic printing from any Windows desktop program
- Ability to customize image intensity of any fax
- Ability to lighten/darken image output of any fax
- Ability to select "Turbo Fax" for faster faxing
- and much more...
Back to top
ClearFax Key Features:
Easy to Use, Easy to Setup, Easy to
Expanded Faxing Capabilities
Because images have not usually faxed well in the past,
most people have learned to simply not fax documents
that contain images. ClearFax raises the bar for fax
imaging capabilities, allowing you to send such image-intensive
How Does it Work?
- Product Brochures
- Web Pages
- Advertising Layouts
- Sales Materials
- Send faxes from within any Windows application (using
the included printer driver)
- Fax Broadcast Ads
To activate ClearFax, prepare your document in any
Windows application that supports printing (which is
almost all of them). When you have a document that you
wish to send as a fax, just start printing it as you
normally would but in the printer selection box choose
“ClearFAX” as a current printer.
ClearFax enhances the images in your document and then
hands over control to your pre-selected fax-handling
program (e.g. SmartFax 2000 or Phoneworks 2000.) Your
normal fax handling software will take you through the
usual process of sending a fax. You can still use any
fax program on its own (without ClearFax) just by selecting
a printer other than ClearFax as your printing device.
ClearFax does not modify any applications.
ClearFax has won numerous awards and has been featured
in many news and trade publications including:
- CBS2 News (New York)
- Popular Science Magazine (Rated as "A product
you can't live Without".)
- PC World ("Give your faxes a facelift with
- Windows Magazine ("Photo-realistic faxes
from any Windows application")
- Realtor Magazine ("Best Fax Imaging software
- Z-Law ("We give it 5 stars...")
- L.A. Times (Orange County Edition)
- Supports most USB, serial, internal, and external
- Supports Class 1, 2, & 2.0 Fax Standards
- Compatible with Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, and
- Compatible with any Windows based Fax Software program
Back to top
Product and Upgrade FAQ
ClearFax work with RingCentral SmartFax or PhoneWorks?
I use ClearFax if I don't have fax software of my
ClearFax compatible with other software programs i.e.
Word, Quark, Publisher, Photoshop, Excell, etc.?
I use ClearFax to print any type of graphics, photos,
brochure layouts, catalogs with pictures?
the party I'm sending a fax to require ClearFax as
well in order to receive a photo-like fax?
ClearFax enhance a fax sent to me from someone that
doesn't have ClearFax?
I use ClearFax to fax documents that contain color
images or graphics?
ClearFax slow down the fax transmission times by much?
I use ClearFax to create TIFF, BMP, GIF, PCX and DCX
- Does ClearFax work with RingCentral
SmartFax or PhoneWorks?
Yes, the ClearFax Printer Driver converts your Windows
documents into photo-quality TIFF files before it
automatically boots SmartFax or PhoneWorks for viewing
and fax transmission.
- Can I use ClearFax if I don't
have fax software of my own?
No, you must have a Windows fax software program e.g.
SmartFax or PhoneWorks to run ClearFax.
- Is ClearFax compatible with
other software programs i.e. Word, Quark, Publisher,
Yes, ClearFax allows you to fax from any Windows program,
just like your desktop printer can.
- Can I use ClearFax to print
any type of graphics, photos, brochure layouts, catalogs
Yes, ClearFax will make all your images and photos
be received as you intended.
- Does the party I'm sending a
fax to require ClearFax as well in order to receive
a photo-like fax?
No, only the fax sender needs ClearFax to transmit
high resolution faxes to anyone with a fax machine
or fax modem in their computer. .
- Can ClearFax enhance a fax sent
to me from someone that doesn't have ClearFax?
No, once a fax has been transmitted via a modem, ClearFax
cannot enhance it.
- Can I use ClearFax to fax documents
that contain color images or graphics?
Yes. ClearFax will convert all color images, photos
or graphics into hi-resolution TIFF files.
- Will ClearFax slow down the
fax transmission times by much?
Slightly, but the stunning, photo-quality fax output
more than makes up for slower times.
- Can I use ClearFax to create
TIFF, BMP, GIF, PCX and DCX Image files?
Yes, but only with ClearFax Pro.
Back to top
ClearFax System Requirements
- Pentium 100Mhz or equivalent
- 16MB RAM (32MB recommended)
- 28MB of free hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- Fax/Data Modem: Class 1, Class2, Class 2.0
- Windows 95, 98, NT, Me, Windows 2000, or Windows
Back to top
* Price is for Download. Have the CD-ROM
software package shipped to your door for an additional
$10 plus shipping and handling. (CA residents must add
** Microsoft Outlook or Outlook express
is not included or required to use ClearFax.